A Comparison of Accu Chek Glucose Meters
Accu Check Glucose Meters are blood glucose machines that are designed for use by diabetic patients who need simple, easy to use machines. This manufacturer produces the Accu Chek Aviva which is among the best blood glucose meter for people with arthritis. Compare these Accu Chek blood glucose machines to see which type of meter will work best for you! If you are looking for a different type of glucose machine check out our glucometer compatibility chart for more information about each glucose machine, blood glucose test strips and control solutions.
Accu Chek Aviva Glucose Machine
The Accu Check Aviva sugar testing system contains a compact glucometer that is designed to reduce the amount of blood needed for each reading. People who use this machine find that it is easier to obtain testing samples and need fewer finger sticks. This system is designed to be used with the Accu-Chek Multiclix lancet device. This device is preloaded with six lancets for easier use. This meter requires less blood for each reading and your results are ready in 5 seconds. The machine can store 500 readings and will average results over 7, 14 and 30 days. This information can be downloaded onto your computer using the Accu-Chek data management tool to make for easy tracking of how your diabetic diets influence readings. This product is manufactured in the United States and received the Arthritis Foundation’s Ease-Of-Use Commendation.
Features of the Accu Chek Aviva include:
- Easy to Use! As previously discussed, this testing meter is designed for simple use for patients with arthritis.
- Alternate Site Testing: This meter can be used on any of the following locations to check your sugar levels:
- Finger tip (If you suspect low blood sugar, use only this site for testing)
- Excellent Storage: This machine can store up to 500 readings and is capable of averaging these values over 7, 14 and 30 days. This information can be downloaded to a PC if desired. Use this data to help improve your a1c blood test readings!
- Reminders! The Accu-Chek Aviva has four different alarms that can be set to remind you to check your sugars.
- Supplies: The Accu Check Aviva requires the use of Accu-Chek Aviva test strips and control solutions to work properly. This meter is designed for use with the Accu-Chek Multiclix Lancet Device.
Accu Chek Compact Plus
The Accu Check Compact Plus glucose machine is a small blood glucose machine with large, glow in the dark screen that is very easy to read. This system uses a system of 17 preloaded test strips to help people who have difficulty handling individual blood glucose test strips. This device is used with the Accu-Chek Softclix Plus lancet device for less painful testing. The Accu Check Softclix Plus attaches directly to the glucometer! This glucometer can use up to six different test sites on your body to test for normal blood sugar levels.
Features of the Accu Check Compact Plus include:
- All in One System! This complete testing system allows that patient to have the lancing device attached to the glucometer and preload a 17 testing strip cartridge for faster, easier use.
- Alternative Site Testing: This glucose meter allow testing in multiple sites just like the Accu-Chek Aviva. Alternate sites include:
- Finger tip
- Data Storage! This meter can store up to 300 readings with capability to download results to your PC.
- Long Battery Life! Your batteries will last for approximately 1000 tests.
- Broad Testing Range: This glucometer will read levels from 10 mg/dl to 600 mg/dl.
- Supplies: This glucometer works with the attached Accu-Chek Softclix Plus Lancing Device and Lancets. It requires Accu-Chek Compact test drum and control solution for proper use.
Accu Chek Advantage
This small glucose meter can store up to 480 meter readings. This system is one of the older Accu Check glucose meters and is often replaced with the newer Accu Check Aviva Glucose Meter. If you would like to replace your meter with a newer version, contact the manufacturer to see if they have programs offering discounted or free glucose meters.
Features of the Accu Check Advantage include:
- This meter should only be used for finger tip testing.
- Storage: This meter stores 480 test results and can average the results over 7, 14 and 30 days.
- Supplies: To use your Accu-Chek Advantage glucometer you will need Accu-Chek softclix lancets and lancing device. In addition, you will need the Comfort Curve test strips, code key and control solutions.
This blood glucose meter is easy to use with only two buttons to press! It also has a large display and quick 5 second reading. It allows you to test from up to 6 different sites on the body using Accu-Chek Active blood glucose testing strips and the Accu-Check Softclix Lancet system.
Features of the Accu-Chek Active include:
- Compact size!
- Easy to use! This meter only has two buttons, reducing confusion.
- Broad Range: The Accu-Chek Active has a range of 10 mg/dl to 600 mg/dl.
- Storage: This meter can store up to 200 test results and will average data over 7 and 14 days.
- Alternative Site Testing: This glucometer is approved for use on the following alternative testing sites to obtain fasting readings:
- Finger tips (If you suspect hypoglycemia, use only the finger tip for testing)
- Supplies: The Accu-Chek Active glucometer requires the Accu-Chek Active test strips, code key and control solution. In addition, you will need the Accu-Check Softclix lancets and Lancing device.
Summary Comparison of Accu-Chek Glucometers
Accu Chek Glucose Meter Comparison
|Easy to Use||+++ Excellent for patients with arthritis||+++ Easy to ReadAll in One System||+++||+++|
|Alternative Testing Site Option||Y||Y||Y|
|Testing Time||5 seconds||5 seconds||5 seconds|
|Display Size||Large||Large Glow in the Dark||Large||Large|
|Lancets||Accu-Chek MultiClix||Accu-Chek Softclix Plus||Accu-Chek Softclix Lancing Device||Accu-Chek Softclix Lancing Device|
|Test Strips||Accu-Chek Aviva Test Strips||Accu-Chek Compact Plus Test Strips||Accu-Chek Comfort Curve Test Strips||Accu-Chek Active Test Strips|
|Control Solution||Accu-Chek Aviva Control Solution||Accu-Chek Compact Blue Control Solution||Accu-Chek Comfort Curve Control Solution||Accu-Chek Active Control Solution|
|Able to Connect to PC||Y||Y||Y||Y|
For more information about the Accu Check glucose meters check out the manufacturer’s website. If you are interested in learning more about what should your blood sugar be or how to use a free glucose meter, check out related articles on Know Your Sugar!